- 3 eggs
- 120 g cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tbsp (4 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 150 g bacon
- 50 g lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Separate the eggs. Put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt (and cream of tartar, if you are using any) until very stiff. Preferably using a hand held electric mixer. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Add cream cheese to the egg yolks and mix well. To make the oopsie more bread-like, add in the optional psyllium seed husk and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture — try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 8 cloud bread pieces on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, until they turn golden.
Building the BLT
- Fry the bacon in a skillet on medium high heat until crispy.
- Place the cloud bread pieces top-side down.
- Spread 1–2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each.
- Place lettuce, tomato, some finely chopped fresh basil and fried bacon in layers between the bread halves.
- Serve immediately.